Monday, January 31, 2011

Baking soda Hair 'wash' with ACV rinse

(actually written 1-22-11)

Ok, so I read about people that were giving up shampoo and conditioner because it's not healthy for your scalp (or the environment) and switching to a baking soda wash and ACV rinse.  Well, I decided to give it a try since it's more natural and cheaper (and you only have to wash about every 5 days).  I read that it takes your scalp around 4-6 weeks to adjust since shampoos actually strip your scalp of needed oils which in turn teaches your scalp to overproduce oil to compensate.  This means you will go through a stage of super oily hair (gross I know) until your scalp is able to balance itself, but after that I read that you will have the softest hair ever..sooooo...I'm gonna give it a try.  I'll keep you posted.   Here's the 'recipe' if you wanna give it a try as well

mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with 6-8 oz of warm water.  Wet hair then pour baking soda onto scalp.  Leave for up to a minute then rinse.  Follow with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water.  Pour over hair.  You can supposedly pre-mix the soda water but not the ACV water...not sure why though.

1 comment:

  1. think you have a great start to your blog!! It'll be neat and fun to see how you get your house together an in a frugal way! welcome to blog land! (CL&H group member)

    ReplyDelete