Monday, March 21, 2011

What's new?

Planted Yukon Gold potatoes on the second but I'm wondering about them cause they haven't broken the surface of the soil yet and we didn't plant them very deep at all?




The Blue Silver Fox rabbit (Bella) is getting quite big and is already in need of a bigger cage.  I also got the Golden Delicious apple tree planted
Yeah, gotta cut down all that dead grass from last year lol.  This is my favorite variety of apple and supposedly doesn't need a pollinator (although will produce better with one) so we'll see how it goes.  I know it will be several years before it starts producing so I need to learn all about organic maintenance for it.  The blueberries aren't looking too good (surprise, surprise) I tend to be a blueberry murderer....one day I will have luck growing those little buggars.  The blackberry and raspberry are budding quite nicely and even the strawberries that the cats destroyed are trying to make a comeback. 

Things on the to do list are still:
build rabbit hutches
expand chicken yard
fix leaky roof
put more shelves in pantry
dig and build more garden beds

There's lots more but all I my tired little brain can think of at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. We can't grow blueberries here because the soil has the wrong PH and we can't amend it enough to to keep them going year after year. Could that be your problem?

    ReplyDelete